IGNOU Scholarship 2023: Indira Gandhi National Open University aids financially weak students in getting admission to different courses by providing the scholarship program. With this scholarship, students no longer need to worry about their financial circumstances affecting their students. Besides financially weak students, the IGNOU scholarship program is applicable for SC/ST students and for single girl child to their parents.
The students willing to take benefit from the IGNOU-RF strategy must go through the following article describing all the necessary details.
Key Points for IGNOU Scholarship Notification
- The benefits from the IGNOU scholarship scheme are only applicable to academic programs/courses. So, the students must check the list of programs given below in this article.
- The students enrolled in certificate/diploma programs are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The candidates of the SC/ST category are eligible and have to fill out the online application form for the same. Also, they require a soft copy of documents to claim their eligibility.
- Students getting enrollment in both a certificate-level program and an undergraduate program simultaneously shall be eligible. However, they will get scholarships only for one of them.
- The IGNOU scholarship is not applicable for employed SC/ST candidates.
- The students taking any other scholarship or exemption shall also not take the benefits of the IGNOU scholarship. Therefore, an undertaking declaring that the candidate is not taking any other scholarship should be taken along with the online application for the IGNOU scholarship.
- Candidates must submit their online application for the scholarship scheme before the last date through the official website of IGNOU.
- Detailed information about the IGNOU scholarship is given on the application form. Therefore, students should read it thoroughly before applying for the scholarship program.
List of Programs Applicable for Scholarship SC-ST/TSP for the July 2023 session
Requirements for IGNOU Scholarship Online Application
While submitting the online application for the IGNOU scholarship, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Along with the application form, a passport size photograph, attested income certificate, community certificate, address proof, and Aadhar card copy has to be submitted.
- Personal and educational details are asked in the scholarship form, so the applicant needs to enter them carefully.
- The application form with any discrepancy will be rejected by the exam board of IGNOU for the scholarship.
- The IGNOU scholarship form will be issued online on the official website. But, the candidates are advised to keep their hard copies for their future references.
- The scholarship form must be submitted online before the last date. Besides this, the hard copy of the same must be submitted to the regional study center of IGNOU.
IGNOU Scholarship and Reimbursement of Fees Rules
- At the time of admission, all the students have to submit the full fee to the IGNOU including reserved category students who are Physically Handicapped.
- Reserved category students viz. SC, ST, and Physically Handicapped enrolled in any of the IGNOU programs are eligible for GOI scholarships, but only at the PG level.
- These scholarship forms can be obtained from the Directorate of Social Welfare or the Office of the Social Welfare Officer of the concerned State Government. This is followed by submitting the filled-in form to them via the concerned Regional Director of IGNOU.
- Besides this, the scholarship program of the National Centre for Promotion of Employment of Disabled People (NCPEDP) is also applicable for PG-level students of IGNOU.
The applicant for the IGNOU scholarship must meet the academic eligibility criteria as given below:
This scholarship by IGNOU will be available only for PG first-year students who are enrolled in a regular full-time Master’s Degree course.
- Students of Ph.D. or SC or OC or ST categories can also apply for the IGNOU scholarship.
- This scholarship is provided to support financially weak students so the yearly income of parents/guardians must not be more than 3 lakhs.
How to apply for IGNOU Scholarship
Students can easily apply for the IGNOU scholarship by following this simple guide to fill out the application form for the same. So, without further ado, let’s get started:
- Visit the official website of IGNOU, i.e. ignou.ac.in, and log in providing the enrollment no., selecting the program, and entering the DOB.
- Thereafter, download the IGNOU scholarship form from the official site or directly Click Here to Download.
- Fill out the application form by entering the student’s name, program code, name of the program, duration of the program, and other required details.
- Provide the correct Bank account details and IFSC Code. Later, submit it along with the Student ID Card, and Caste Certificate at your corresponding Regional Center.