TN TRB Teacher Recruitment 2023: The Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board (TN TRB) has announced 2,222 vacancies of Graduate Teacher and Block Resource Teacher Educators (BRTE). The notification has been released on trb.tn.gov.in and the application process will begin on the same website on November 1. The last date to apply is November 30, 5 pm.
TN TRB recruitment notification: Highlights
Name of the post: Graduate Teachers/ Block Resource Teacher Educators (BRTE)
Scale of Pay: ₹36,400 – 1,15,700 (Level-16)
Number of vacancies: 2,222 (tentative)
Application opening date: November 1
Application closing date: November 30
Official website: trb.tn.gov.in
Exam date: January 7, 2024
Here is the subject-wise list of vacancies
Candidates belonging to the general category should not be more than 53 years of age and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Backward Class Muslims, Backward Classes, MBC/DNC and DW should not be more than 58 years old on July 1, 2023.
- Graduation along with two year diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name it is known) or
- Graduation with at least 50 per cent marks and Bachelor in Education (BEd) or
- Graduation with at least 45 per cent marks and BEd, in accordance with the NCTE regulations or
- Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50 per cent marks and 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (BElEd) or
- HS or its equivalent with at least 50 per cent marks and 4-year BA/BScEd or BAEd/BScEd or
- Graduation with at least 50 per cent marks and BEd, (Special Education)
In all these cases, candidates must have obtained a degree or its equivalent with subjects/languages for which the recruitment will be made. Further, candidates must have passed the TNTET paper 2 exam with relevant optional subject.
In addition to these, candidates must have adequate knowledge of the Tamil Language. If a candidate does not possess knowledge of Tamil but are otherwise eligible for appointment, s/he has to pass the Second-Class Language Test (full – test) in Tamil conducted by the TNPSC within a period of two years from the date of appointment.
The application fee is ₹600 for all candidates except SC, SCA, ST and differently abled persons.
For such candidates, the fee is ₹300.
Selection of candidates will be done in three stages: A compulsory Tamil Language Eligibility Test, written examination and certificate verification.
Candidates need to secure at least 40 per cent marks in the written exam to be eligible for general turn (GT). For candidates belonging to BC, BCM, MBC/DNC, SC, SCA and ST categories, it is 30 per cent.
To check examination scheme, list of documents and other details, check the notification here.